FFR street version build

A12pilot

Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2026
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Molnar
Spouse
Kelly
City
Crowley
Chapter
Dallas / Ft. Worth
Hey gang,
Kit delivered on the 12th of last month. I was able to get some good progress done these last two weeks. Chassis is almost done. I’m about to order the transmission kit and will be looking at motors next month. I’ll soon have a body dolly to sell to the next good
home!
Cheers
Dave
IMG_3888.webp
IMG_3853.webp
IMG_3879.webp
IMG_3891.webp
IMG_3892.webp
 
I didn’t follow the directions exactly. Honestly, they could have done a better job with them. The jump all over the place. I ordered a base kit since I knew I’d be looking for my own parts for my specific build. Still a few items in backorder. But nothing that held up the progress. I mounted all the interior aluminum panels and kept the top of the trans tunnel and left outer footbox removable for access to things until I stab the engine/trans and finish the pedal box area.
IMG_1954.webp
IMG_1955.webp
IMG_3939.webp
IMG_3941.webp
IMG_3942.webp
IMG_3943.webp
 
I deviated from the standard FFR items with a few things; brake/clutch pedals, throttle pedal, parking brake, battery mounting. My idea behind the build is the street roadster. No hoop, no side pipes, no roll bar. I welded up a battery mounting box up front like the street cars have versus in the trunk. My master cylinders are also outside the car, not inside using the reverse Wilwood pedal box that they sell.
IMG_3967.webp
IMG_3969.webp
IMG_3968.webp
IMG_3974.webp
IMG_3976.webp
IMG_3978.webp
 
Pedals and driver foot box modifications.
IMG_3977.webp
IMG_1975.webp
 
I hid the electric parking brake along the main passenger side frame rail. The box is behind the dash. Here’s the dash with layout. I ordered a blank panel so that I cut out the gauge holes and glovebox myself. I’ll be using Smith’s gauges with a clock too. I’ll be fabricating the glove box insert, door, and braces later this month.
IMG_2008.webp
IMG_2006.webp
IMG_2007.webp
IMG_2005.webp
 
Here you can see the Ron Francis harness (I bought this about ten years ago!) installed and the E-Brake control box mounted. I’m missing two gauges which should come in next week. I also sanded down the bonding seams, filled with reinforced filler, then sanded and two heavy coats of DP50LF epoxy primer. It’s coming along!

Cheers
Dave
IMG_3988.webp
IMG_3998.webp
IMG_4007.webp
IMG_4006.webp
IMG_4004.webp
IMG_4010.webp
IMG_4012.webp
IMG_4013.webp
IMG_4014.webp
 
IMG_4294.webp
IMG_4296.webp
IMG_4295.webp


Engine and transmission installed. Working on wiring. Fabricated my own surge tank. Vent tube mock up for the foot boxes. Too. Com8ng along!
 
IMG_4306.webp
IMG_4244.webp
IMG_4245.webp
IMG_4232.webp

Undercar exhaust mock up. Heater installed. This will have a plenum inside the glovebox which will direct the air to the dash vents and two vents installed in a duct below the dash. Very happy with how it’s coming out.

Edelbrock EZ Street EFI showed up yesterday, so I’ll continue the fuel system installation later this week.
 
Back
Top